If you do not find a ready-made, desired job in English, write in the message. Is a quality and cost of dumping.
1. Choose the correct form of pronouns.
1. I to school with (he, him) every day. 2. I see (she, her, herself) at the library every Friday. 3. Is not (she, her) a nice person? 4. (She, her) and John gave the money to the boy. 5. I hurt (my, mine) leg. 6. John bought (himself, herself, hisself) a new coat. 7. (We, us, our) girls arc going camping over the weekend. 8. John (he, himself) went to the meeting. 9. Mary and (I, me) would rather go to the movies. 10. (Her, hers) car does not go as fast as (our, ours).
2. Choose the right words.
1. I would like (a few, a little) salt on my vegetables. 2. There is (too much, too many) bad news on TV tonight. 3. I want to wash my hair. Is there (any, some) shampoo? 4. There is not (something, anything) in the bag. 5. I do not want (these, this) water. 6. A (few, little) people left early. 7. (Much, many) is spoken about it, but (few, little) believe it. 8. There is not (anything, nothing) I like on the menu.
3. Are you on an excursion to the National Museum. You are viewing pictures. Insert there is, there are, there was, there were, there will be a story and translate into Russian.
Welcome to the National Museum, ladies and gentlemen. We've only got one hour and ... a lot to see, so let's start.
On your left, you can see a painting by Rembrandt. ... Seven works by Rembrandt here now. Last year ... eight but sadly ... a robbery at the museum some months ago and the painting was stolen.
For those of you who are interested, ... a major exhibition of Rembrandt's work in London at the moment, and one next year in Amsterdam. I'm sure ... a lot of visitors to both exhibitions.
Now in the room, .... a very famous painting by Picasso. And this painting on the right is very interesting. It's by an Italian artist but we do not know which one. Oh no! It's disappeared! ... Another robbery only some minutes ago! Quick! Phone the police!
4. In the following sentences given incorrect information. Correct them by writing in each case on the two proposals.
Sample: The sun goes round the earth.
The sun does not go round the earth.
The earth goes round the sun.
1. The sun rises in the west. 2. Mice catch cats. 3. Carpenters make things from metal. 4. The River Amazon flows into the Pacific Ocean. 5. They speak English in Germany.
5. Use these suggestions to make questions. Start with a question word (s) in parentheses.
Sample: Tom plays tennis. (How often?)
How often does Tom play tennis?
1. Ann watches television. (How often?) 2. I write to my parents (How often?) 3. I have dinner in the evening. (What time, usually?) 4. Tom works. (Where?) 5. I go to the cinema. (How often?) 6. People do stupid things. (Why?) 7. My parents live in Moscow. (Where?) 8. The train arrives at 10. (When?)
6. Finish the sentence. Put the verbs in the correct form, affirmative or negative.
1. It was warm, so I ... off my coat (take). 2. The film was not very good. I ... it very much (enjoy). .3. I knew Sarah was very busy, so I ... her (disturb). 4. I was very tired, so I ... to bed early (go). 5. We went to Kate's house but she ... at home (be). 6. The window was open and a bird ... into the room (fly). 7. I was in a hurry, so I ... time to phone you (have).
7. Make a brief conversation. Use words in parentheses.
Sample: Pete is out (to be back, soon)
Will he be back soon? - I think he will
1. I'm busy now (to speak to me, in an hour). 2. We will not have a dictation tomorrow. (The day after tomorrow). 3. I did not go to the country last summer (to stay in town, next summer, too). 4. Nick is still in bed (to be up, in a quarter of an hour). 5. We have no lecture on history this week (next week). 6. They still live in Kiev (to move to Moscow, soon).
8. Expand the brackets, using a Present, Past and Future Continuous. Turn suggestions on the Russian language.
I-Listen! Somebody ... (knock) at the door. 2. At ten o'clock tomorrow morning she ... (have) her music lesson. 3. When you telephoned I ... (have dinner). 4. Please, be quiet! The baby ... (sleep). 5. When I got up this morning the sun ... (shine) brightly. 6. At this time tomorrow afternoon I ... (take) my final English examination. 7. Ann seems to be very busy. I guess she (prepare) her History lesson. 8. Mary (play) the piano when I arrived. 9. At this time next year he (study) at the University. 10.Listen! I think the telephone (ring).
9. used the passive voice instead of the actual. Turn suggestions on the Russian language.
1. The Browns take their children to school in a car. 2. We buy bread in the nearest shop. 3. Mother cooks all meals for us. 4. They always invite her to their parties. 5. People formerly used the Tower of London as a prison. 6. She let the stranger in. 7. They gave me two shillings change at the shop. 8. I saw him downstairs five minutes ago. 9. We shall examine the students of group 7 first. 10. They will allow me a ride on a bicycle. 11. They will allow the children to watch the TV. 12. We shall tell her to come at five.
10. Turn suggestions on the Russian language, with particular attention to the verb in the passive voice.
1. He was well spoken of by all his friends. 2. They left before the hour of the next meeting had been agreed upon. 3. We were listened to with much surprise. 4. He was never properly looked after. 5. She was laughed at by everybody. 6. The visitors were looked at with great interest. 7. Tell him he is waited for. 8. My brother will be paid well for his job.
11. Insert the can, must, may, or their equivalents. Translate the sentences.
1. Her English is very poor, she ... study very hard. 2. ... you lend me your dictionary? 3. He ... not speak English last year. 4. He ... to stay here for a month. 5. Nobody met me when I came because I ... to arrive by the ten o'clock train but I ... not get a ticket for it. 6. Paula ... not go to the meeting last week. She was ill 7 .... to speak to him tomorrow, but now I have no time. 8.1 do not usually work on Saturdays but last Saturday I ... to work.
12. Move the proposal by paying attention to the sacrament.
1. At the conference they discussed new methods used in building. 2. Being very busy I could not attend the lecture of the famous mathematician. 3. Having successfully passed their examination the students went to the exhibition. 4. The article translated by the student is very interesting. 5. Having analysed several problems of this type he knew how to solve them. 6. Having been sent to the wrong address the letter did not reach him. 7. The leaves lying on the ground reminded us of autumn. 8. These machines will be sent to the plant being constructed in this region.
13. You write a letter to his friend. In it you are reporting news about themselves and other people. Use the words to create sentences. Shelf Present Perfect.
Dear Chris, lots of things have happened since I last wrote you.
1. I, I go, to Italy. I have gone to Italy.
2. I, I buy, a new car.
3. my father, start, a new job.
4. Charles and Sarah, go, to Brazil.
S. Suzanne, have, a baby.
14. Connect the two sentences using Perfect and before or after.
She went on holiday after she had taken the examination.
She had taken the examination before she went on holiday.
1. He mended the chair. His mother returned. 2. They left home. The postman came. 3. They painted their flat. Their parents visited them. 4. Egor read about some well-known British artists. Then he visited the Tate Gallery. 5. He saw every show in town. Then he left.
15. Write sentences in indirect speech.
l. He said, "I shall go to the theatre tomorrow". 2. Pete said. "I am glad to see you". 3. I as
No feedback yet